Oatly söker Packaging Solutions Engineer
The Oatly Way
We are the world’s original and largest oat drink company. For over 25 years, we have exclusively focused on developing expertise around oats: a global power crop with inherent properties suited for sustainability and human health. Our commitment to oats has resulted in core technical advancements that enabled us to unlock the breadth of the dairy portfolio, including alternatives to milks, ice cream, yogurt, cooking creams, and spreads. Headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, the Oatly brand is available in more than 20 countries globally.
Why get involved with Oatly, you ask?
Every single department inside Oatly has a role to play in making their area more sustainable. We believe that all our people are contributing to this quest. So if you’re getting a tingly feeling reading this, and think your packaging solutions expertise can help Oatly make the world a more sustainable place, you should definitely keep reading!
Here’s what you would do:
In this position you will have direct impact on the choice of packaging solutions in one of the world’s most innovative and sustainable companies.
As a Packaging Solutions Engineer in our Packaging Solutions EMEA team, you will be securing the best available and most sustainable packaging solutions for our products, making sure that we are in the forefront in food packaging.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced packaging specialist with strong project management skills, to focus on developing the optimal packaging solutions for the total value chain throughout the products lifecycles.
The role will report to our Packaging Solutions Manager EMEA and be based in Landskrona, Sweden. The team also meets up at our Malmö HQ, and works from home according to our Hybrid Working Model. Point is, we’d like to see us as a modern and flexible employer 😉
Here’s what the role involves:
You will be working closely with a wide range of internal and external partners, including our suppliers, our market organisations in EMEA as well as our global supply chain operation organisation. Your main responsibility will be to lead packaging solution work in our EMEA region in close collaboration with all key functions in the organisation such as Sustainability, Sourcing, Product Strategy, Product Development, Quality, and Manufacturing.
In closer detail:
Build organizational “know how” on how to execute packaging activities, including creating new processes, procedures, and methods.
- Lead the roll out of packaging projects for the EMEA region as well as managing local packaging optimization, ensuring structural performance and cost improvements.
- Create and maintain packaging documentation & specifications for primary, secondary & tertiary packages.
- Identify and highlight improvements in the sub-process PACKAGE in the product development process
- Capture any dependencies to other ongoing projects/line work and highlight to relevant stakeholders
- Identify and guide when trade-offs within the area of packaging occur
- Create, maintain, review (aligned with superuser of PLM) and approve packaging parts and concepts in the PLM system.
- Participate in supplier discussions with SCO Sourcing, to build know-how and evaluate the suppliers’ offerings on packaging solutions (current & future
- Drive risk assessment & root cause analysis related to packaging solutions.
- Travel to different manufacturing/supplier locations, mostly in the Europe (15% travel).
This is the job today – but who knows what tomorrow brings? Oatly is still growing, so being comfortable with change and ambiguities will really help you grow in the role.
Here’s the kind of experience, qualities and approach that we’re looking for:
- MSc/BS in Engineering, with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in food packaging technology and knowledge of food science, food processing, and product development process, with an understanding of food/process/package interactions.
- Experience of and knowledge in packaging construction both in terms of technical solutions as well as design for sustainability, recycling, and production. Having an international scope, and understanding different market needs will really help you add value.
- Knowledge in technical test methodologies including physical testing and transportation testing.
- Project management skills and documentation discipline.
- Ability to listen to others needs, identify technical solutions, refine those solutions, and manage internal and external partners expectations against technical and business success criteria with limited available resources.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Naturally curious with a constant pursuit to create improvements, in a rapid, cost effective way.
And here is another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
Listen for clues
Enjoying listening to others’ viewpoints and contemplating, “does this have a seed of greatness?” Or maybe something less grand, but you get the picture. Trying to understand your colleagues!
Embrace the unknown
An enthusiasm for adapting to an ever-changing environment. The only thing that is constant is change. As some wise people plus a whole lotta Instagram post have said, so you know it’s true.
Get in the game
Taking ownership for awesome, big picture results and not only the bullet-points in your job description. Not waiting for others to direct you, but rather actively seek guidance and propose solutions.
We welcome oat nerds/people from all backgrounds that think sustainability, health and transparency are mega important. So send in that CV, cross your fingers and whisper a little prayer to the powers that be. It will be fun, or at least a good time. Promise!
And if you tick most boxes, but not all, apply anyway!
We very much look forward to your application no later than June 26th!Läs mer här: Länk till originalannons alternativt annonsörens sajt