Employment/Assignment Type: Permanent
Volvo Merchandise AB designs, sources, sells as well as distributes merchandise goods as an integrated supplier to the Volvo branded companies within the Volvo Group and to the Volvo Group network in more than 180 countries. We operate from our locations in Sweden and the US. As a partner to the Volvo branded business within the Volvo Group we play a vital role in the brand image building.
Volvo Merchandise AB is owned by Volvo Group Venture Capital, Volvo Group’s investment company. All aspects of our work are characterized by the well-known core values quality, safety and environmental care. The company has today 18 employees in Sweden.
The successful candidate will join a team of highly dedicated, hands-on merchandise professionals who share the vision to deliver merchandise which support brand strategies and do that effectively and with high quality.
Main activities & responsibilities: Purchaser:
Purchasing of hard merchandise products from a local as well as global sourced supplier base. To make sure that all purchases are in accordance with defined strategies, by optimizing the total cost and ensuring the quality, delivery, and cost compliance of the purchased items.
You act as a link between the VGMS Key Account Manager’s, Product Planning and the product supplier.
Key responsibilities of the position are:
- Global sourcing of suppliers for hard products that can deliver and comply with Volvo Group demands on CSR, Quality and Environmental Care
- Innovative product development to be able to offer right merchandise products to best possible price to our clients
- Close relation to Product Planning who is responsible for the total product overview
- Negotiate with suppliers to find the right product for the right purpose in a cost effective manner
- Quotation decision support of new products and repeat order requests
- Disposition of new items and orders in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Order placement and order follow up with suppliers
- Follow up on product samples together with our design team to ensure product make, measurements and fit to specification.
- Team up with VGMS’s Key Account Manager to understand their clients need and the needs of their customers related to merchandising products
- Cooperate with KAM and project leaders to get strategic guidance and to secure right product development that is delivered on time
Competence & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate has a long and thorough experience of purchasing of hard merchandise products. You are driven to get the best deal in every purchase. You have the knowledge where to find the right supplier to develop the most innovative product requested. Your experience of working with global suppliers is long and you know your markets which is important to be able to give the best offer to our clients. Negotiation is a keyword in everything you do and you are socially skilled and build good relations with clients, customers, suppliers and colleagues.
IT and applications:
You are skilled in working with tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX and a PLM system is an advantage. Fluent in spoken and written English, another language is a merit.
Start date and timeline:
The position will be contracted as soon as possible. We will start screening as applications arrive, so don’t hesitate to send yours.
For further information please contact:
Ulrika Thureson, phone; +46 31 323 15 60